You know, when this all started, I thought I was dreaming. No, having a nightmare. I didn't honestly believe that Bush could possibly be elected. Hell, even that more than 10% of people could vote for him impressed me. I know I am not alone here. I mean, forget what party you like and look at the man. Now go watch any fictional drama on TV where the US president is a character. Wouldn't you like to trade? And if we made the trade, we'd be getting an actor. But I still think we'd be better off. I mean, Bush is basically a bad actor. He is told what to do by the director, and then whenever he comes on stage I can barely force myself to watch what's coming next. He can't even lie convincingly! Is there anyone out there who doesn't get that hot embarrassed feeling when he talks, imagining what other countries must think of us when they hear him? This is our leader. Have you watched the passion in old videos of our previous leaders?
I know, you either agree with all this completely or you don't and can't be convinced. At least everyone will agree he has funny expressions.
And that he says really stupid things. These are the quotes I have hanging in my office:
- "The great thing about America is everybody should vote."
- "The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law."
- "This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve."
- "There's no question that Saddam Hussein had al Qaeda ties." - Bush, 9/17/03
- "We found the weapons of mass destruction." - Bush, 5/29/03
- "[Saddam] is actively pursuing nuclear weapons at this time." - Cheney, 3/24/02
- "Iraqis were actively trying to pursue a nuclear weapons program."Condoleezza Rice, 7/11/03
- "We know where the [WMD] are." - Rumsfeld, 3/30/03
- "There can be no doubt that Saddam Hussein has biological weapons and the capability to rapidly produce more, many more...Our conservative estimate is that Iraq today has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agent. That is enough agent to fill 16,000 battlefield rockets." - Powell, 2/5/03
- "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt that he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us." - Cheney, 8/26/02
- "The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons...And according to the British government, the Iraqi regime could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as 45 minutes." - Bush, 9/26/02